A few years ago my friend and I were talking about job titles – he had started some serious free-lance research and as I’m a ‘librarian’ research specialist (I say that with quotes because whilst I’m a librarian by education, I’m a researcher by vocation and nothing I own is catagorized in any sort of rational way – I make librarians weep when they see how my music collection is organized) – he wanted my opinion as to what to put on his business card. So I thought it would be amusing for him to title himself as “Mercenary Researcher” – because, of course, we like to research for money. Alas, he did not use that for his title but it has become my secret title…
The Mercenary Researcher – I’m armed with stories, databases and some sort of nifty hat…I’m thinking something with horns.
Here’s some random tidbits about me ~
– I like punctuation – especially dashes and elipses…
– I’m chronically verbose
– ‘Google’ is not a verb
– All my most favorite activites are accompanied by music
– I’m a bike commuter – for the last 21 years
– I am not passionate enough about anything to compete to win
– I wish I could have started playing hockey when I was really young because I think that might have been a missed passion – but I got to play in my 30s so that was fabbo
– I like to think a lot about everything – this is where the biking comes in – it allows me to think, and think and think then think some more
I think (ha ha) that’s enough for my first post – I’m pretty sure no one will read this – but it’s a start.
Biking has changed the philosophy of my life – that’s really what I hope to write about…
And if you have a yen for something to be researched – I’m for hire to the highest bidder…