Wait – that might not have come out correctly. I’ve been tagged to play tag (round number 2) and then I’ve been given a fruitcake in June. I guess if I was an Aussie like Steph Rogers, it would at least be winter with a fruitcake. But in Tucson, it’s just hot with moisty fruit. However, it was bestowed upon me by someone with an ultra sexy accent – so I’m gonna bend like a twig in the wind and give it a go.
Ah…astute readers, are you wondering if it was Steph who presented this to me? Because she does have a super sexy accent…but nope. Could it have been Oleg, from The Red Elvises? His accent makes me all
mois…um – melty inside. But, alas & alack, t’was not Oleg.
It was sexy Irish/Aussie accent man, Rohan. I’m a sucker for the way he says “part”.
Here’s the Tag Stufffff
Step 1: Post the rules
Because I’m somewhat contrary – or possibly Nerdy – I’m going to answer this in Gaelic
Tá ocras orm.
(and I didn’t promise anything about a ‘correct’ answer)
Step 2: Post a photo of yourself and eleven random facts about you.
An raibh sé te amuigh?
Go mbeire an diabhal leis thú! And here are some facts
1. I have hair!
2. I have two pieces of gravel in my knee from a biking accident from 2005
3. I like reference books – a lot
4. I own the condensed OED
5. I want to learn to speak Russian
6. I love Frank Zappa
7. My favorite color – Tá sé dubh
8. I would still be in school if I could afford it
9. I love Bikram Yoga
10. I got to meet Eric Idle (from Monty Python, for the young ‘uns.). He is so sweet.
11. My idol is Gwen Ifill – I did get to meet her as well and I have an autographed picture of her hanging in my bedroom. WHOO HOO!
Step 3: Answer the questions given by the tagger (Rohan)
- What’s your favorite toe? Camel and the one that went wee-wee all the way home
- When is the last time you ate a piece of toast? Last Sunday
- Can I have a hug? Well duh – of course – but would it be like “Mrs. Robinson” in the Graduate?
- How long is a piece of string? Funicular
- How many roads must a man walk down before you can call him a man? Do Boulevards count? If Yes – Funicular. If No – Trolley
- Are these questions annoying? It’s 6AM – nope – nothing is annoying at 6AM.
- What’s your favorite video game? Reading a book
- What did you have for breakfast…4 days ago? Kind Bar post Yoga class
- Do you live withing 15 minutes of a body of water like a river, sea or lake? No
- Have you ever smelled a dog fart? Yes – too many times, in fact
- Have you ever hugged a shoe? No, but I did hug a baby goat bum when I was really little, at the petting zoo.
Step 4: Create eleven new questions…
1. Coffee? Tea?
2. Do you like the word “Moist”?
3. Would you eat snake?
4. Have you encountered a Funicular?
5. Do you tire of my use of the word “Funicular”?
6. Do you wonder why I like Rutabagas?
7. Do you speak Russian?
8. Do you have sexy accent?
9. What can I say about this Elixir? (this is recycled from my first round o’tag)
10. Do you think I can beat you in a round of marathon talking?
11. Is this number 11?
Step 5: Tag some people!
And I have to pass some Fruitcake….
What kind of lucky fruitcake recipient can I find….
Karen– she’s deserving of fruitcake. Karen – I bestow unto you the most honored Fruitcake award. Pass it on – but don’t throw it; we don’t want any head injuries in June.
Thank you, Rohan-of-the-sexy-accent, who gave me the award and big thanks to Alice who started passing around moisty fruit for no apparent reason – which is what we’d expect from AliceatWonderland. CLAPPING ALL AROUND!
And I’d like to leave you with a few Gaelic words from the Irish Gaelic Handout:
Dún do bheal!
Póg ma thoin! It’s also a band!
Loscadh is dó ort!
Go n-ithe an cat thú, is go n-ithe an diabhal an cat and Slán agat.