How apropos! The Daily Prompt requests: Tell us a story — fiction or non-fiction — with a twist we can’t see coming.
Well, I’ll post a ghost story my 10 year old son made up in the car on Sunday (yes, lifted from my FB post I put up the other day)
Several people have told us that our son has an ‘old soul’ – I’m pretty sure it’s a soul of an old kvetching Jewish man.
He was making up a ghost story that took place in a drugstore (CVS) whilst we were driving in the car. And it went something like this…
Legend has it that a long time ago a lady went to a CVS drugstore to get some ‘medium’ Tylenol. She took it and it killed her…<a lot of other tangential ‘details’ that verbose 10 year olds add that I might have tuned out when driving in traffic>… Legend has it her ghost can still be seen today walking up to the counter to complain.
And that’s the story. Goosebumps, eh? You didn’t see that ending, right?
- A twist. | Crossroads
- DP : What A Twist | Experimental Fiction
- Phoneography Weekly: Drift and Fall | We Live In A Flat
- Spill the (Coffee) Beans | Mara Eastern’s Personal Blog
- You’d never have guessed it but… | Life & Times
- Surprise stretch | Books, Music, Photography & Movies : my best friends
- What a Twist! – The Angry Dwarf | Geek Ergo Sum
- The caveman’s bedtime story | Phelio a Random Post a Day