I posted in a comment on Karen’s page that I was a Curious Cat. Which is true. I am.
But even more than that, I think I’m an Energy Vampire. I keep seeing this page linked on many a Facebook page – with lots of WHOO HOO’s in the comments.
“How to interact with the introverted” – go take a peek – then come back.
I am not so “WHOO HOO” about it. I get it – I love and have lived with an introvert for over 20 years. I don’t take issue with that. It’s part of his attraction to me.
I find it offensive that according to Dr. Carmella, there’s something BAD about being an extrovert. As IF people have a choice about their intro/extro-vertedness. It’s not good nor bad – it just IS.
And as I read along in this tutorial – it’s plain to see that I am the following:
- I absorb all the ‘good vibes’ from others
- I need a lot of social interaction
- I cannot make my own energy
- I’m a taker of energy
- I don’t give energy
- I’m exhausting to be around
- I’m an obnoxious predator
- I’m a stealer of sweet, sweet energy
- Being with me could mean that you’re spending your time on something annoying (read: wasteful)
As an extrovert, I am saddened by this point of view- but I will fully admit that I am an Energy Vampire.
- I get high from being around you – absorbing your beautiful personality
- I love being with you – meaningful social interaction helps nourish my soul
- I am filled with energy and exchange it with yours – because of what you have to offer not what I can steal
- I can be exhausting; just as exhausting as you can be to others –
- I can also be uplifting and radiant
- I can also be quiet and in need of solitude
- As you, the introvert, needs to be understood – so do I.
I am an Energy Vampire – I am who I am – I love myself as I am. I love you for who you are. I am not better; you are not better. We just are.