Greetings People ~
I know, I know, it’s been AGES since I’ve posted anything. Honestly, things have been insane – between my husband’s hip replacement surgery (which went smashingly), driving all over the place because he could not, the holiday season starting and my own mental breakdown (all internal) – I’ve not had a lot of drive to write anything.
Luckily there’s been a fun topic going around called “Five Truths & a Lie” – where I tell you 6 things about me but one of them is a flagrant LIE. And since we all know what a poor liar I am, we’ll see if I can pull this off.
1) I had a very short stint in a sorority – very short…because really – I don’t belong in a sorority…or near a sorority…
2) I am a belly dancer – I started at age 19 because I read Tom Robbins “Skinny Legs and All” and I wanted to brave something by myself for the first time ever. I totally have the belly and hips to pull it off.
3) I was a gymnast when I was younger and could do an aerial (no-handed) cartwheel on the balance beam. Then I hit puberty…no one wants a gymnast with breasts and hips…sad but true.
4) My favorite movie is John Waters’ Hairspray – and I got to meet someone that was in the movie as he works in public television at WETA in DC…I made him sign my Hairspray DVD.
5) My cousin won several million dollars in the NY state lottery – I hope he remembers me in his will…
6) I dropped out of college for a semester to attend bar-tending school – despite the fact that I am allergic to alcohol and cannot stay up past 9PM.
Ok people – which of these interesting factoids is NOT true?