1) I had a very short stint in a sorority – very short…because really – I don’t belong in a sorority…or near a sorority… LIE! LIE! LIE! LIE! LIE! LIE! I was NEVER in a sorority, not even a dorm room.. No way, no how, never …
2) I am a belly dancer – I started at age 19 because I read Tom Robbins “Skinny Legs and All” and I wanted to brave something by myself for the first time ever. I totally have the belly and hips to pull it off. Totally true ~ all of it… I have big hips and not a flat belly…I love belly dancing.
3) I was a gymnast when I was younger and could do an aerial (no-handed) cartwheel on the balance beam. Then I hit puberty…no one wants a gymnast with breasts and hips…sad but true. Yup – I am a bendy gal – I also have wonky hips and that pretty much put the kibosh on my career. I actually don’t really like the sport because I don’t like the culture of the people – it’s very mean and petty in my opinion. If I could do it all over again, I’d be a hockey player. I had switched to figure skater for a brief period until we move to Arizona.
4) My favorite movie is John Waters’ Hairspray – and I got to meet someone that was in the movie as he works in public television at WETA in DC…I made him sign my HairsprayDVD. TRUE! All of it! I was thrilled when I found out my friend John was in Hairspray as a dancer in the Madison. WHOO HOO!!
5) My cousin won several million dollars in the NY state lottery – I hope he remembers me in his will… Yup – this is true. Lucky bastard.
6) I dropped out of college for a semester to attend bar-tending school – despite the fact that I am allergic to alcohol and cannot stay up past 9PM. Yup – True as well. I liked catering and it was fun working at those gigs. I also worked in my brother-in-law’s brew pub as the lunch bar-tender. It’s kind of sad to see people totally trashed before noon on a regular basis. But overall, I didn’t like tending bar too much – tequila makes me very ill, well, all alcohol makes me ill. Beer, wine, grain alcohol – all of it. I can’t even drink girly drinks or spike my coffee.
And there you have it!
*Karen – it’s ok that you didn’t guess it since we were estranged during our university years…