Ok people ~ as I write this, only one person (El Guapo) has correctly guessed my lie and one person (Karen*) sorta guessed it. I guess I’m better at it than I gave myself credit for…
1) I had a very short stint in a sorority – very short…because really – I don’t belong in a sorority…or near a sorority… LIE! LIE! LIE! LIE! LIE! LIE! I was NEVER in a sorority, not even a dorm room.. No way, no how, never …
2) I am a belly dancer – I started at age 19 because I read Tom Robbins “Skinny Legs and All” and I wanted to brave something by myself for the first time ever. I totally have the belly and hips to pull it off. Totally true ~ all of it… I have big hips and not a flat belly…I love belly dancing.
3) I was a gymnast when I was younger and could do an aerial (no-handed) cartwheel on the balance beam. Then I hit puberty…no one wants a gymnast with breasts and hips…sad but true. Yup – I am a bendy gal – I also have wonky hips and that pretty much put the kibosh on my career. I actually don’t really like the sport because I don’t like the culture of the people – it’s very mean and petty in my opinion. If I could do it all over again, I’d be a hockey player. I had switched to figure skater for a brief period until we move to Arizona.
4) My favorite movie is John Waters’ Hairspray – and I got to meet someone that was in the movie as he works in public television at WETA in DC…I made him sign my HairsprayDVD. TRUE! All of it! I was thrilled when I found out my friend John was in Hairspray as a dancer in the Madison. WHOO HOO!!
5) My cousin won several million dollars in the NY state lottery – I hope he remembers me in his will… Yup – this is true. Lucky bastard.
6) I dropped out of college for a semester to attend bar-tending school – despite the fact that I am allergic to alcohol and cannot stay up past 9PM. Yup – True as well. I liked catering and it was fun working at those gigs. I also worked in my brother-in-law’s brew pub as the lunch bar-tender. It’s kind of sad to see people totally trashed before noon on a regular basis. But overall, I didn’t like tending bar too much – tequila makes me very ill, well, all alcohol makes me ill. Beer, wine, grain alcohol – all of it. I can’t even drink girly drinks or spike my coffee.
And there you have it!
*Karen – it’s ok that you didn’t guess it since we were estranged during our university years…
You’re full of surprises, aren’t you?
Just a couple!
Okay, so I was wrong , you are good, Denise. If you would have said you joined the sorority, I would not have fallen for that. Tricky!
hee hee – I’m tricky with my word usage…
Represent, Ladycakes! I too belly dance. I haven’t been doing it for nearly as long as you have, but I definitely have the hips and belly for it. And I freaking love the music. I am not, however, bendy. At all. Not even a little.
Yeah, I’ve not moved my belly in awhile either!
I loved Skinny Legs too! What a great read. But…what’s a sorority?
Ya know- where a bunch of women live in a house during college…
Ohhhh right, like boarding school for big kids? We don’t have that here. We usually live at home with our parents while we go to University because we are all such poor students.
I lived in sin with my boyfriend – it was excellent
I am all for living in sin. It really does rock.
I love your little lie! Totally me right now. Everybody I know practically encourages me to join one and I just snicker in response. I thought your lie was about your cousin, because I was hoping that he or she shared some of the fortune with you and you were able to broadcast so on an earlier post. (: But, then again, that’s family business.
i am NOT holding my breath 🙂
haha Me either! One semester left until I graduate…I think I can manage. (;
I seem to be really bad at guessing the lies. I almost chose #1 because there’s no way I would’ve ever been in a sorority, and it seemed to me you’d be the same way, but I caved and went for something more obvious. Figures. 🙂
It’s all about the subterfuge…
Me too about the Sorority!
The more I thought about it the more I knew it was #1. I’m surprised I remember anything from those years!
hee hee – me in a sorority… as if!
So interesting! This was fun! Do another 😉
Lauren – did you know that I almost drowned holding you when you were a baby in Aunt Vicki’s/Uncle Bob’s pool? It scared the bejeebus out of me. I was holding you and I started to slip down their steep incline that begins the deep end and I couldn’t swim and hold you up at the same time…luckily my lungs were plenty strong and I think Aunt Maryann finally saw me struggling and came in an grabbed you.
Oh my gosh! Maybe that’s where my mom’s fear of children in pools came from…lol!
You should ask her!
Haha! I just told her the story and she gasped and said, “I let you in the pool when you were a baby without me?? What was I thinking?!”. It may have been so traumatic that she blocked it out! Too funny! (Well, now it is) 🙂
Well, I was close to being a teenager (It think – how old are you?)….
Well, I am learning stuff… like, you are a good liar…
AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! My cover is blown
I will never trust you again… you… and your belly dancing wonky hips!
they are wonky – that’s for sure!
That might come in handy… ha!
You are getting better at the lies…..lol. I would have guessed 5. Lucky bastard, indeed!!
no sorority for me!
I think we’re going to need photographic / video evidence of the belly dancing before we take you at your word.
A very old picture….
it’s the dorkiest picture ever
You are a Turkish delight!
HA! Hardly –