I’ve been sick this week & feeling a little like crud. Well, a lot like crud. I came up for air this evening and saw, much to my surprise, that I’ve been nominated for One Lovely Blog award. I’m floored. I’ve been blogging for only a few weeks (like 3) and only have 16 posts to-date. Obviously, this is like a good dose of medicine (ya know, the kind you hope the doctor will prescribe for you).
I’m completely honored and humbled.
Nick over at Talkin’ Shit nominated me – and as RULE #1 states: THANK THAT FREAKIN’ AWESOME PERSON…so…
THANK YOU NICK! I stumbled across his blog my first week out the door. I really love his blog – he reminds me of a friend of mine – who is from Miami…he even LOOKS like my friend…and he sure as hell talks like my friend. You should definitely check him out. He is really funny and just flat out says what he feels. He is an astute observer and South Florida gives him plenty of material to choose from.
BOOBIES! That’s for you Nick. We’ll see if it works.
Rule # 2 is to share 7 random things about myself which I haven’t already revealed in my blog.
1) I’m only 5’4” – ok, ok – 5’3 & ¾ “ and I so want to be taller
2) I’m a grammar geek; I liked diagramming sentences. I like gerunds.
3) I’m agnostic
4) I wish I was Morticia Addams
5) I had a breast reduction when I was 18
6) I get along better with men than women but my closest friends are women
7) I’m one of 2 Democrats in my family (not including my husband) on both my mother’s & father’s side.
Rule #3 – I am going to nominate 15 other blogs that I LOVE for this award. They are in no particular order.
1) Alifelessscripted – This blog is written by one of the most amazing people I know. It’s very deep and very personal. Her writing talent is phenomenal. Take a visit; bring a tissue.
2) Mom vs. Wild – Romi’s blog is flat out funny. She’s a great writer and has a keen sense of absurd. And she’s shorter than me; which I love.
3) Speaker7 – I stumbled upon this blog via another blog – and this woman is FREAKIN’ HILARIOUS. I’m always amazed at the depth of funny that people have. She has it.
4) The Waiting – This blog is also flat out funny. Her generosity in providing a forum for other bloggers to share their own favorite posts has opened my eyes to a lot of talent out there. Thank you!
5) A Writer of History – I love historical fiction, and this writer has interviewed some of my most FAVORITE authors – like Sharon K Penman & Elizabeth Chadwick. What’s not to love about that??
6) Running on Sober – She is a very introspective writer, which I admire. She is inspired by music – and since I love music, I cannot help but love it. She is honest about the struggles she’s trying to overcome and I have the utmost respect for her journey. She is one of the first people that I don’t know to have commented on one of my postings and I am grateful for that.
7) The Young Plum – I love this guy’s blog. He’s really funny and observant. He is able to say what most people think but aren’t sure if it’s ‘proper’ to voice. He does it in a way that is humorous and not offensive. That is talent- we need to laugh at ourselves more.
8) Creative Noshing – I want this person to cook for me. ‘Nuff said!
9) Maggie’s One Butt Kitchen – This woman has a cannoli recipe to DIE for…
10) Get Write Down to It – I found her blog and read as much of it as I could immediately. I love “Letters to my Treadmill”.
11) Lolabees – How could you NOT love a posting called “10 Things Your Dentist Hates about You” – which I can’t find the link for right now and I’m bummed.
12) A Nevill Feast – I love historical fiction of this time period. And I love the Nevill family – and I love reading about them – so really, it works out for everyone.
13) Charlie Country Boy’s blog – I really like to read his thoughts.
Since I’ve only been in this world for 3 weeks, I’ve subscribed to a lot blogs, but have not been able to read them all as in-depth as the ones above – YET. So for now, 13 sincere nominations.
The Mercenary Researcher